Friday, April 10, 2020

CCR Question #1 Draft

Throughout the process of designing my magazine, I tried to keep with the standard conventions of the genre of magazine I was creating. I learned about these conventions by researching magazines such as Top Gear, Motor Trend, EVO, Road and Track, Car and Driver, Automobile, etc. Here are some of the conventions I used:

1. Cover design- The design of my cover follows several conventional design features that are common throughout magazines in the automotive genre. For example, the choice of font and color. The color of the text on the cover is bright and eye-catching, The cover is dominated by a shot of the front of a car that the magazine features in one of it's articles. Finally, several smaller blurbs of text describe smaller articles that are in the magazine.

2. Photos- The feature article in the magazine contains several photos that work to showcase the car being covered in the feature article. This is a standard when it comes to articles of this nature. The car is featured from several angles and in two different settings. One setting has darker lighting, while the other has brighter lighting. Both settings are free of any other cars, and all photos focus on a specific feature of the car.

3. Table of contents layout- The table of contents in my magazine is laid out in two columns. The main articles have pictures labeled with page numbers in order to preview their content. There is an advertisement that promotes the magazine's website.  All of these are standard conventions used in the automotive genre.

The social group represented by my magazine first and foremost is automotive enthusiasts. This is shown by all of the content relating to news, events, and advertisements from the automotive industry. Within the group of automotive enthusiasts, the magazine appeals to people of all economic statuses, but generally, people that have the money to spend on at least one automobile will be the ones reading this magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Submission

For my final submission, I planned on re-shooting the photo of the car's interior in the main article. I also planned on gathering...