Thursday, November 14, 2019

Magazine- Genre Research (Automobile)

The final magazine I studied as part of my background research was Automobile magazine. This magazine was, like Top Gear, different from the other two in several ways. Though it shared many of the other magazines' design ques, it was obvious that this magazine was intended for a different audience within the automotive community. This magazine featured many more high end cars, and was less of a news source for the average consumer. However, that's not to say that it didn't feature a healthy supply of articles that the average consumer could fins useful. Like I said, the overall design of the magazine was much the same, with the traditional layout of the cover photo featuring a car or cars from the featured article, the title not varying greatly or if any from issue to issue, and short blurbs of text outlining other smaller articles throughout the issue. The interior was, again, laid out in much the same way as the other magazines, with pictures of the cars in the issue next the inserted so that the reader knows what to expect later. The circulation number for this magazine was 278,238 in 2016, and I was unable to fid any awards that this magazine was nominated for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Submission

For my final submission, I planned on re-shooting the photo of the car's interior in the main article. I also planned on gathering...