Thursday, November 14, 2019

Magazine- Genre Research (Car and Driver)

The fourth magazine I looked at for reference was Car and Driver. This magazine was very similar to the first two. The cover layout was largely the same. This was by far the most consistent magazine when it came to the design between issues, though the concept of having the cover photo be a photo pulled from the main article was prevalent once again. This magazine differed slightly in that every issue I found only had one image on the cover, with only words explaining the contents of the other articles in that issue. The ads in the issue were also much the same as the first two, consisting of automotive products, memorabilia and gifts, as well as fine jewelry and watches. The articles and table of contents were also laid out much the same, with and extensive reader's response section and lots of editorials and interviews. The circulation number for this magazine was 1,024,692 as of 2016, and I was unable to find if this magazine had one any awards.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Submission

For my final submission, I planned on re-shooting the photo of the car's interior in the main article. I also planned on gathering...