Saturday, December 21, 2019

MID-TERM SUBMISSION


     The layout and stylistic designs that I chose during the making of my magazine were based on design cues from real automotive magazines. For example, the camera shots on the second page of my article were based on shots that appear in many car review articles, especially the shot of the rear of the car and the shot of the interior from the driver's perspective. Certain subtle designs on the pages were also inspired by real automotive magazines. For example, the "racing stripe" style lines at the bottom of the pages (including the many stripes on the table of contents) were all inspired by designs in real magazines. The layout of text was also inspired by real magazines. One thing that I think is of significant note is the "Quick Specs" section under at the bottom of the second article page. Almost all automotive magazines have a section like this at the end of a car review article. Additionally, the layout of pictures on the table of contents were inspired by the table of contents in many motoring magazines (note the small page numbers in the bottom right corners of the pictures). Finally the last item of note that I'd like to point out is the black box that I've left on the cover labeled barcode/postal tag. This was actually inspired by personal experience, as I am subscribed to 3 different automotive magazines, all of which put the postal tag or barcode in this corner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Submission

For my final submission, I planned on re-shooting the photo of the car's interior in the main article. I also planned on gathering...