Sunday, November 10, 2019

Magazine- Genre Research (Road and Track)

           The second magazine I researched was Road and Track magazine. The signature mark of this magazine that dates to even the earliest issues is the ampersand symbol in the title. The actual words “Road” and “Track” have evolved over the years, but within given design periods are generally written in the same font. Like most magazines, coloring of the text on the cover reflects the color scheme of the cover photo. Speaking of the cover photo, another trend I’ve noticed is that The cover photos on these automotive magazines always reflects the main feature article, which is usually a car review. Another trend I’m noticing in this genre of magazines is is in the advertisements. Many of the ads are either jewelry/watch related or have something to do with tobacco. This makes sense as for many years, tobacco was a large sponsor of both Formula 1 and Nascar racing, and high end luxury magzines such as DuPont Registery and Robb Report often deal both in exotic crs and high end jewerly and watches. The magazine is laid out like other magazines in this genre, with the pictures in the table of contents reflecting topics in various articles throughout the magazine. The circulation number of this magazine is 609,581 (as of February 2017), and I was unable to find any awards of note that this magazine was nominated for. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Submission

For my final submission, I planned on re-shooting the photo of the car's interior in the main article. I also planned on gathering...